Thursday, September 11, 2014

So yes, I am definitely in Brazil.  THe MTC is smaller here, but it's awesome because everyone speaks portuguese all the time.  Missionaries are here from the US, from Argentina, Chile, and other spanish speaking areas, and also Brazil, of course.  This week they let us leave for a couple hours and go out to proselyte next to this big cathedral theater place.  Seriously SO MANY PEOPLE!!!   In Kansas we talked with everyone we saw, but that is not possible in Brazil.  It was so crazy to compare because in one hour we handed out 4 book of mormons no problem.  Communication wasn't the smoothest, but the Lord helped and it was AMAZING!!! We only have 1 week left in the CTM (centro de treinamento missionario) The food is different but good. We always sit with the brazileiros and talk with them and ask what we're eating. haha we've had muscles, guava, papaya, rice and beans, and some other stuff that I don't know, i just eat. haha
 
I am SO glad the packages got to you mom!  Sister Seymour had to send them the day I left because all post offices were closed due to Labor day.  sheesh! haha We can't send pictures in the CTM here, but I'll try to send some when I get to Fortaleza.  most all the missionaries in my district served in other areas before getting their visas.  Also, I'm sorry but I have no idea what the address is here.  We'll be leavingtuesday next week.  That's a good suprise for that Elder, mom.  I know he will greatly appreciate it :)
 
Boa sorte com a escola!!!  Good luck with school Greg and KC!!!  I'll be praying for you, no worries. haha I feel like I'm in school again too. We have teachers that are our "investigators" whome we practice teaching, we pray in portuguese and sacrament meeting is in Portuguese too.   It's so awesome!!!  I can't help but think of Kansas sometimes, but part of my heart is still there.  
 
We went to the Sao Paulo temple today which was WONDERFUL!!!  Received much instruction there.  It felt really good and is the cleanest place here. haha  Sao Paulo is HUGE and the houses are interesting. Kind of thrown together and really tall apartment buildings, and all the shops are open to the outdoors.  Even our room windows don't have glass, just this metal shad thing with holes.  Kind of hard to describe. Our roommates sister Salgado and Sister Pereiro are both from Brazil and are so fun to talk to each evening.  Both are very sweet and very hard workers. 
 
We have less time here to e-mail, but I want you all to know that the Lord is here in Brazil and is hastening His work.  I know I need to be here.  There are people I need to help to open the door so the spirit can testify that the fullness is here!.  I'm excited to go out and work hard in the heat of Fortaleza (everyone makes sure I know that it will be very hot there and to wear sunscreen :)  I know the Savior lives and that WE NEED HIM EVERY HOUR, whether life is going well or not.  He loves us dearly and wants to help us as we are diligent, obedient, and are determined to serve Him with all our heart, might, mind, and strength.


Love always and forever
Sister Harston

No comments:

Post a Comment