Thursday, September 11, 2014

So Griz did indeed get baptized!!! It was a wonderful and powerful spiritual experience.  There were around 60 people there who know and love him.  So much support!  Past missionaries who taught him were able to visit as well.  There were bear and temple cookies, the programs were ready, the jumpsuit fit, and after it happened, Elder Hughes asked Griz how he felt.  He didn't say anything at first, but then said, "In awe"  Lynda was in tears too pretty much the whole time.  What a happy day.  She has been praying for this for years and it finally happened :)  I've known Griz for 3 months now, and in that short time, I've been blessed to be a witness of the miracle of him coming to be baptized.  His heart was softened, his testimony grew, he's more loving, and I can't even describe it right.  It's just a miracle :) Also, Griz got the GSHS garb the day of his baptism.  We were there early to set up chairs and he walks in with his Grizzly hat on, the GSHS shirt, lanyard, and mug. haha he was so happy.  He also wants me to forewarn you mom, a present is headed your way and should get there tomorrow :)  He also shared a couple of the cookies you sent too. Thanks!  After he was confirmed on Sunday, Bishop Daley surprised him and called him up to bear his testimony.  How awesome is that! "That wasn't very nice of him, I didn't know what to say. I don't even remember what I said"  That means you were led by the spirit!! :)

Well, to answer your question mom, yes the packages came.  Sorry I didn't send them out last Monday, I will try to today.  I can't believe Madison is starting school.  That's ridiculous. haha  Sounds like a good group at OC! But as for the Georgetown ward, I don't even know what Cemotherapy is, but it sounds intense.  Sounds like a lot of people need a lot of service.  Hopefully the Blacksmith missionaries are in on that. haha so funny. 

Dad, yay for church invites!  I'm so excited to hear about her experience.  If she wants a church tour beforehand, I know the missionaries would be more than happy to! haha  I'm glad you were there to offer encouragement on Sunday.  You were definitely an answer to one of his silent prayers. We need each other, there's no doubt about it.  I'm so glad that guy called you!  What an amazing missionary experience :D

KC, Dave is MARRIED?!!! (yep didn't tell me)  oh my goodness gracious sakes alive!!!!  I saw the pictures and immediately clicked them and was shocked, not that I didn't think it would happen but it's just sudden to me with no background story.  I'm so happy for him!!! Can't wait to meet her. What temple were they sealed in? Sounds like a busy busy schedule for you coming up.  I'm going to throw in daily scripture study into the mix haha it's my job  :)  How's Spencer? As for Brazil preparations, not much to prepare except putting extra effort into language study and prayers for the gift of tongues. It's coming so fast! Can't wait to get a potato souvenir!  I still have to get one from Kansas actually. haha  Sounds like a really good goal to use facebook.  Even just through e-mail and bearing testimony, I've had people say "That really helped me out this week," And for sure that's the spirit! not me.

Michele is still progressing, but her baptism has to be delayed.  She's experiencing a lot of trials, physical and spiritual at this time.  She's so sweet, but needs a little more time to cope.  We'll be there to help her every step of the way.  It's hard to see her struggle, but I know the Lord is helping her and feels every thing she is going through.  We'll be over there tonight to help her work on her house. 

Beth Raya came to Griz's baptism! thanks to sister Green who brought her.  She thought it was cool, just different :) Afterward we were able to talk about the Priesthood with her and give a mini church tour. She has agreed to meet with us on her day once a week so we can keep in regular contact and help her to come to know the Book of Mormon is true, and Christ has restored His church to the earth for herself. So cool!

Miracle, we decided to tract Barlow street a couple days ago.  We had gone up the whole street and met some nice people, but who were uninterested.  As we were heading back to our car to go to dinner, we decided to knock one more door and we had 3 options.  After pondering we knocked the one in the middle.  A lady named Robin answered the door.  Her daughter had just had twins and lost one of them.  She said the same thing had happened a year ago too.  They're in a rough spot and couldn't talk right then, but said something like, "Please come back, we're doubting if there is even a God and we need you"  WOW!  We're excited to bring the gospel to them so they can find the deep peace and understanding, and feel the spirit and greater joy!  

Sorry I left my camera at the church building so I'll have to send pictures next week.

I know the Lord is laboring with us. He wants His children to understand His true nature, and He wants them all (US all) to return to live with Him.  "Is it not as necessary that the plan of redemption should be made known unto this people as well as unto their children?" (Alma 39:18)  We got to tell the world!  It's too good a gift to not share :)

I love and pray for you all!

-- Love always and forever
Sister Harston

Sister Seymour let me use her camera, so surprise!!! Griz's baptism :)



No comments:

Post a Comment