Sunday, October 5, 2014

So I´m now in my new area Montese here in Brazil!!!!  My companion is Sister Alcocer the sweetest most loving person in this world who has been very patient with me learning the area, the people, and of course the language.  She´s from Argentina, so she had to learn Portuguese as well, but she doesn´t speak any english besides "pinky promise" which she surprised me with the other day. hahah  She is excellent at teaching lovingly but with boldness like, "We would love it if you came to church with us, will you?" mhmm "Promise?" Also everyone here speaks Portuguese with different accents or "sotaques". I´m not going to lie, it´s challenging!!!  We´re walking everywhere and the Lord has blessed me greatly with understanding.  The people here are very polite and loving.  Hugs and kisses all the time!  They all guess that I´m either from America or Germany. haha 

Mom, that´s so crazy that the fire got that large!  Dad stay safe please!!!  What a great opportunity to serve though.  Good thing you have 2 extra bedrooms, that´s not a coincidence :) What a blessing that food was donated as well.  Hope there´s room for it all!

Katrina you got in?!  That is the greatest news ever!!!! wow! Your very own personal trainer/coach person woowee!

So Brazil.  Where to start!? There´s no space in between houses, lots of colors, cool trees, pidgeons or Pombas as they are called in Portuguese, dogs, and a sweet sweet people! Every home is open to the outside air, there´s lots of fruit to eat, members feed us Almoço (lunch) and the ward is very welcoming, and we walk and talk, and clap (instead of knocking because everyone has a gate, some space, and then their door) We live with 2 other Sisters. Sister Lucas from South Carolina, and Sister Pinche from Peru.  Our mission president and his wife are President and Sister Bonini.  They are both wonderful and loving.  The rules here are a little different, but that´s because the culture´s different!  

Currently, we are teaching a family Elisangela and Roberio are living together and have an 8 year old son Gabriel.  They agreed to be married last night!!!  Whoohoo!  Ap´parently here they do a lot of weddings because no one gets married. haha  but yeah, they´ll be able to be baptized soon too, all three of them :) it´ll be a special and sweet and joyful experience.  We´re also teaching a family, Paulo and Leigiani are married with an 8 year old daughter Maria clara.  They agreed to be baptized too!  Miracles are happening and I´m so blessed to be a part of it.  

I want to share a scripture but I only have my Portuguese scriptures.  Alma 36:26.  Look it up :)  I know the Lord is my Savior.  I know others can know that the fulness of the Gospel is here if they will but knock seek and ask.  I know without a doubt that Christ is at the head of His church.  I know the Spirit is working daily.  I am greatly blessed


Outside our church building on Elvira Pinha street


Sister Alcocer!!!!


Our study area :)

-- Love always and forever!!!
Sister Harston


My district


Me, Sister Anderson, our teacher Irmão Magustero, Sister Hardester, Sister Taylor (who was in my singles ward when I lived at Regency!)

-- tried to send more but these computers are easily challenged. will try more next week
Sister Harston




No comments:

Post a Comment