Thursday, September 11, 2014

This week we had a couple visits from some people who are near and dear to my heart.  The Van Wagoner family came up from Holton area and we went to Jimmy Johns with Sister Hartung and her companions too.  It was so nice to catch up with them on life and provide support :) Obedience brings blessings!  Also got to see their newest little one, who wasn't born yet when I last saw them.  So cute :)  AND Pam Brunner from Emporia showed up to our ward's sacrament meeting on Sunday.  What a wonderful surprise!!!!  Got to give her a big old hug.  And if that wasn't enough she gave me a sweet card too.  Love her!!!

Sorry for the lack of time, but I got permission to e-mail today while all the others are e-mailing tomorrow since the libraries are closed, but I'll kind of be in the air without computer access :)  It's hard to say bye.  The Lord truly gave us a wonderful gift to be able to Love people.  His love has no end!! 

I haven't gotten your package Katrina!  So sorry!  I did get the Journal from you mom and dad.  Thank you I love it!  and yes, I'll be in the MTC in Sao Paulo for 2 weeks and then They'll fly me over to Fortaleza.  It's going to be fun!  Brother Day, who served his mission in Brazil, has been telling me a lot so I can mentally prepare :)  I'll need some pictures of the house changes to Mis pais! (parents) Heard you've been changing quite a lot.  Katrina, do you have good roommates?  I also really enjoyed those stories dad!  So amazing.  It warms my heart to hear the spirit working worldwide!!  Sounds like some good missionaries in your ward :)

I'm pretty much packed and ready to go!  Tomorrow we come to the church at 9:30am and President and Sister Bell will send me on my way. Whew!

Well, Katie Kitchen is on Date for baptism November 15th!  She and Brandon are both progressing.  THeir work keeps them from church sometimes, but its been wonderful to see the Gospel lift them and help them to find more joy and set goals together.  We met a mother and daughter named Kathy and Sierra.  Sister Seymour offered our service to help them carry in groceries and they accepted!  We got to teach them the Restoration and they came to the church building a couple days later for a tour and to watch a baptism.  So awesome!!!  

Sister Seymour knows everyone pretty well and her way around and I have full confidence that she will be able to help her new companion learn it quickly. 

I've been blessed to be a part of this great mission.  I've learned so much from the examples of other missionaries and the leaders here.  I know I needed to be in Kansas and that I now need to be in Brazil.  The Lord has a perfect plan and can shape us into something wonderful if we let Him take the reigns and do our best to know His will and to go and do it.  I love this work!  Miracles are happening in hearts everywhere :)


The Day family (ward mission leader)  BEFORE


AFTER (he's the one who taught me a lot about Brazil)


Steff and Hannah hecox,  I'm one of many sister missionaries who have worked with them :)

-- Love always and forever 
Sister Harston

No comments:

Post a Comment