Sunday, February 23, 2014

Ola minha familia!!  I seriously started laughing so hard when I read what Liam said after being sick.  BAHAHAH kids say the funniest things!!!  I understand having to chase him after I stayed with Adam and Katelyn for a week.  That's so cool that you saw the Sister Missionaries!!!  I can tell they represented servants of the Lord well :)  That  was brilliant to take the Mangelson van. I bet that was a fun ride up there :) An orange tree!!!  their back yard is going to smell soooo good! haha

Good to hear all the family support that is flocking to grandma and pa Davenport's side! Just shows how much of a blessing and inspired thing families are. 

I CANNOT believe that Amy is almost done.  That's flown by.  Hearing her testimony is going to be so awesome. I bet the spirit will be SUPER strong.  She is an awesome example :) A few pictures would be FABULOUS! haha but it's ok :) 

Also, Debbie is still awesome, but she hasn't quit smoking yet so we will have to move her baptismal date back a ways again, sad, but we're praying on how to help her find the motivation to quit.  We haven't been able to see her since Friday because she's been to Wichita because of clots in her arm or something that prevents her from getting the dialysis she needs.  They opened it up and sent her home, but it closed up again and she's back to Wichita again today. She seriously cannot catch a break!!  I feel so bad for her!!! We're trying to think of someway to help keep her spirits up with a gift that she might enjoy. 

Janet Hambleton (a lady we're great friends with and have been meeting with for a while) she was baptized when she was 10 and hasn't been back to church since she was 20 and she's 60 now, CAME TO CHURCH YESTERDAY!!!!!! It was seriously the greatest thing on this planet.  We went to some thrift stores with her Saturday to pick out some nice skirts and outfits and after she said, "Ok, what time does church start again?...ok I'll see you at 10 tomorrow"  She came and I truly think she felt the Spirit because she wants to come next week too!!! I really hope her husband felt the spirit as she related her experience with him and maybe he'll join her next week to see what it's all about :)

A problem we've been having recently is finding new investigators, one of those trials that every missionary goes through. so we have been knocking on more doors :)  I know that as we put our whole effort into the work, that the Lord will bless us with some success because it's not till after the trial of out faith that He blesses us with a miracle, not meaning all of Emporia will flock to us desiring to hear the message we bring of the Savior, but I know Heavenly Father is with us and strengthening us as we are obedient because I have felt His love :) He is mindful of us and His other children who are searching for the truth.  I know He is preparing people :)  So we're going to be His instruments in finding them as we also continue to serve the members and work with Less active members who are just as important as new investigators!!! :D

Goal for this week, be more BOLD!  The people here need to know the fullness!  I know I need every part of it...church, sacrament, personal scripture and companionship study, meaningful prayers.  "Yea, verily, verily I say unto you, if all men had been, and were, and ever would be, like unto Moroni, behold, the very powers of hell would have been shaken forever; yea, the devil would never have power over the hearts of the children of men" (Alma 48:17).  Moroni was a man, yes a prophet too, but he followed the example of Jesus Christ.  We're teaching people about how they too can have that power.  That potential is in all of us.  I'm learning that it's through asking inspired questions that we can help people to realize it and learn in faith as we teach by the Spirit and that works for parenting, callings, missionary work, etc. I've been noticing how you mom and dad, did that for us as kids, and look! it does work because we're all still here and strong because we figured it out for ourselves as you guided us to it!!!!  THANK YOU!!!!! :) 

Well I love you all bunches and bunches!  Have fun! :) haha
-- love always and forever
Sister Harston

No comments:

Post a Comment