Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Hey all!!!  Yep, Gwen e-mailed me and it was sooo good to hear from her.  She's updating me on the boy details for her and Emily. haha I swear one of them at least will be married by the time I get back.  I remember Brother Nicholes! He is awesome!  It's incredible how people can convert to the church late in life and progress so quickly.  They're truly drinking it in :)  Which I'm still learning how to do.  I really hope that Grandma Harston's MRI will bring to light what the doctors need to know to help her!!!  Pain wears on you no matter how strong you are, and she is the strongest person I know!!!! :D LOVE YOU GRANDMA! 

Nicholetti you're having another boy?! OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY!!!! hahaha what's his name? haha Oh and does the EDC mean that he'll be born around June 30th? Oh my goodness so exciting, and you never know! all those guys were crazy! haha

KC!!!  Your hair is so dark!!!! haha it really does look good :) Looks like you got a new phone? a fancy one at that tooo! haha I'm happy you and Kaily Kiholm can room together that'll be a blast for ya.  Definitely feel for ya with the school/work thing.  That's so fun that you get to do a rec vball! How'd you meet your teammates?

There truly is power in fasting, I can testify to that :)  I'm soooo glad you're getting the rain that was MUCH NEEDED for you :D Also, glad school is okay.  If only you could be the teacher then, problem solved! haha I agree Kids hugs are the sweetest.  Tarrie Grubb's 3 year old son Mikey gives hugs to everyone including us and boy he's a little charmer. haha I'll be honest, hearing about Grandma Davenport made me teary because I LOVE HER SO STINKIN MUCH!!!  I don't want to wish any more pain or suffering on her, but I sure wish she could hold on til I see her again.  I trust the Lord has her in His almighty and loving hands.  I pray that she will recognize the comfort He is trying to give her.

An update on Sister Tycz, transfers went well and I got some good snow driving in as it snowed 8 or so inches the day before we left.  It was snowing constantly ALL DAY!  The greyhound buses were cancelled so some sisters drove her to Wichita and I was on exchanges with Sister Macovichuk for several hours which was fun.  By noticing other companionship's relationships with each other, I can tell how hard your mission gets and how much more tiring it is if you're not getting along, working things out, or have the desire to serve each other out of love.  BUT.... Sister Tycz woke up Sunday morning with intense stomach pain where she couldn't hardly walk so they took her to the ER.  After putting her under anesthesia they opened her up thinking it was her appendix, which was actually totally healthy (but they removed it anyways), her gall bladder was healthy and she didn't have any ovarian cists.  Now they're thinking she has a lower abdominal infection?  So crazy!  A few of the members here in Emporia have Sister Tycz's mom's phone # and facebook so they update me as they get the updates :)

 My companion Sister Heger (Hay-grrr) is AWESOME! she's from St. George Utah, and no she doesn't know Uncle Jim and Aunt Larallee :/  But she has a personality that's kind of a mix between me and sister Tycz. haha  She's being very patient with me cause as you ALL know, I'm so TERRIBLE with directions and have had us turned around a few times already.  I now carry the map with us always and refer to it often. haha sheesh!  I seriously have no directional skills but I'm going to get them with the help of my Savior :D Fortunately, He promises to help us as we put in the effort that is necessary.  But everyone she's met loves her already, I can tell :)  Definitely not as "in tense" as Sister Tycz said she was. haha She's also a PRO volleyball player because she played at a junior college. it's gonna be so fun!

This week we didn't get to visit a ton of people due to transfers (and walking forever in the wrong direction before I actually realized it... bother. ha)  BUT! we had a great lesson with Pam last night about so many things like temples, more in depth about pre-mortal life, and on we went.  She is so intelligent that she asks so many questions that I have definitely never thought of before because I've just known this church is true for forever it feels like and it all just makes sense to me!  Sister Heger can really think things over too and I love it because then I gain my own understanding from reading in the scriptures, and then her insight too and then I learn twice as much!!!! Totally going to do companionship study with my husband in the future. haha 

We went and saw Kathleen again she is soooo knowledgeable too about history, knitting, she has so many cool artifacts in her home like indian arrow heads which I know Uncle Stott would appreciate.  Missionaries have been visiting her for 50 years and the two things she likes talking about are being self-reliant (with food storage and a 72hour kit and everything) so I told her about the can units holder thing we have at home and she wants one!  Also she really wants to do her family history work which is super exciting! Hopefully we'll get to go with her there sometime this week or next. She also told us that she treasures her Book of Mormon which is interesting, but cool.

Quick insight from studies and experiences this week, from Elder Uchtdorf's talk at the last general conference in the priesthood session. "We acknowledge that your path will at times be difficult. But I give you this promise in the name of the Lord: rise up and follow in the footsteps of our Redeemer and Savior, and one day you will look back and be filled with eternal gratitude that you chose to trust the Atonement and its power to lift you up and give you strength.My dear friends and brethren, no matter how many times you have slipped or fallen, rise up! Your destiny is a glorious one! Stand tall and walk in the light of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ! You are stronger than you realize. You are more capable than you can imagine. You can do it now! Of this I testify in the sacred name of our Master and Redeemer, Jesus Christ, amen."
Well, he said it better than I could so there you go! :D I hope the rain you get does what you need, I'm praying for All MY WONDERFUL GRANDPARENTS and FAMILY MEMBERS and FRIENDS!!!!!  for your health, strength, to recognize the Spirit, to feel the love of God, and to be safe as well as to help you through the specific challenges that each of you are facing!!!

-- Love always and forever!
Sister Harston
PS I forgot my camera today so I'll send you pictures of me and my new comp next week. til then!

No comments:

Post a Comment